LetsDevops: Azure VNet Turorial for Beginner's
In this article we will understand the basic of Azure VNet. What is the purpose and why do we need it.
Before diving into the core concept first lets try to understand what are the different connectivity we use during work, also how differently our application/resources connect to each other for secure communication.
1. Working from Home to connect Office Network.
2. Connecting to Azure Resources
3. Azure Resources communication to each Other.
4. Connecting on-premise private Network to Cloud Network
5. Connecting to On Premise Network and then Azure Network
6. Azure Service Communication to the Internet
Azure VNet provides option to create private network which further helps to establish secure communication from any Azure Resource to Internet, on premise Network and between different Azure Resource.
1. Communication with Internet
By default all the resource under the VNet can Outbound to the Internet but no inbound access to the Azure Resource. Outbound meaning the Azure Resource can send the Request to the Internet and get the response.
You can inbound to the Azure Resource after assigning the Public IP or Configuring the Load Balancer. Inbound access meaning the Azure resource can accept the request and send the Response from Internet.
Further with the help of VNet we can control all the request coming or outgoing with Azure Resources.
Options to enable the Azure Resource communication to Internet
Public IP Address